Saturday, August 7, 2010

I am the child of the universe

I played a song for dad every morning for a week before he passed away, yesterday I played it again, here it is

I AM THE CHILD OF THE UNIVERSE


Here is a little history of a greater mystery
I’m reading this story into my own.
If it isn’t what you are use to and maybe if you choose to
and if it will amuse you then you’ll sing along.

Cause I am as old as the universe
I have been here before and I’ll be here again.
I am a child of the universe
I am part of all women and part of all men
part of all women and part of all men.

Once upon a sometime and once upon a somewhere
once upon a somehow, there was a Big Bang.
Energy revolving and energy dissolving
energy evolving and that’s what I am.

I am as old as the universe......

I am just a flower that blossoms for an hour
but in me there’s a power that blows on and on.
Power in the roots of me, power in the shoots of me
power on the fruits that will pass my seed on.

I am as old as the universe......

I am not a nobody, I am not just somebody
I’m a cell in one body filling all space.
And everything I should be and everything I would be
and everything I could be is here in this place.

I am as old as the universe......

No comments:

Post a Comment